Thursday, March 4, 2010

bright STAR

Illustration by Kelly Smith; Stills from Jane Campion's 'Bright Star'

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Bright Star, would I were steadfast as thou art -
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night,
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like Nature's patient sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors -
No - yet still steadfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever-or else swoon to death.
John Keats - 1819

John Keats, the romantic poet, wrote the love poem "Bright Star"
for his 18-year-old next door neighbour, Fanny Brawne.
This is the story of their first love.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For those who frequent my blog, I don't think I need
to tell you how much I adore Abbie Cornish.
I've been anticipating Bright Star for a long while now,
and I can't WAIT to see it!
What's better - the Hopscotch Gods seem to be smiling down upon me
today as they have given me 5 double passes valid for
exclusive preview screenings of the film during the
18th - 20th of December, 2009
at participating cinemas.

If you would like one of these special passes just leave
a comment on this post but include the words 'Bright Star'
and i'll randomly select the recipients on Wednesday the 9th
and publish your names on my blog on Thursday morning so as to
give you plenty of time to get in touch via email with your addresses.

Unfortunately for those of you from across the pond,
this is only open to Australian residents. Sorry :(

Good Luck!
 
CLICK NOW
COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST WALLPAPERS
WOW WHAT A BEAUTY
AMAZING NATURE
NATURE OF GOD
JAZZ OF LIFE
COOL PHOTOS BANK
BEAUTY OF WILDLIFE
BEST PHOTOS OF THE WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Back to TOP Back to TOP